How to change the Gradebook?

Re: How to change the Gradebook?

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
You can move things around in the gradebook. You can hide things. You can add manual grade items. You can categorize. But for the overall gradebook, no...not that I know of. Long ago and far away, my (previous) agency added a link on the profile page to a 'transcript' report which we built into core. And then we were stuck on 1.9.4 for a really long time (until 2014? 2015? 2.x was a revelation!). You don't want that. Being stuck on an old version is ugly. You can't get much support. Everyone tells you to upgrade. You end up with bruises on your forehead (from banging your head on the desk every day).

Later, we used configurable reports, which can include a block to the 'transcript' anywhere you like. That works pretty well. We had some hard core organization and course policy to make sure it all worked. Configurable reports are pretty flexible but you must know SQL or have someone who does. If you use custom plugins, sometimes the connections are weird (facetoface, for example, is a total mind bender). And to get the sql to work, you must understand the basic data structure. My eye is twitching right know...I know too much about the data structure...

Check out Configurable Reports or AdHoc Reports. There are some report options in CR that don't require sql, but it sounds like you want complicated...complicated requires sql.