Some email notifications not triggering

Some email notifications not triggering

by Javier Tejera -
Number of replies: 3

My Moodle (3.6) is not triggering activity email notifications, for example Forum and Announcements. However, those related to new account created, forgot password, etc. work perfectly fine, so it seems that is not a CRON problem.

I see that the subscription configuration is OK, but can't figure it out why certain emails are not triggered. Any idea where to look for?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Javier Tejera

Re: Some email notifications not triggering

by Laure Hittle -

i am having the exact same difficulty. i'm on version 3.9.1.

i did just go into Site Administration --> Server --> Outgoing email configuration and then ran the outgoing email configuration test. Within a few minutes, i received a notification email from the Announcement post i'd written a few hours ago, so i don't know if that triggered a reset or if it was coincidence. But my student and i have been experiencing very inconsistent announcement and forum notifications for some months now.

In reply to Laure Hittle

by Javier Tejera -
Hi Laure,
sorry for replying a bit late - did you manage to solve this issue?
In reply to Javier Tejera

by Francis Feytout -
Hi,
I'm on 3.9.1+

Some of my teachers regularly report the same issue with forum email notification not triggering. So far I am unable to pinpoint a specific cause, students and teachers are subscribed, announcement or classic forum, digest or not ...

A search show this issue is regularly reported but I did not find a cure. I wonder if the payload is above a threshold then some notifications would end up in /dev/null.