Error In reading Arabic language from database

Error In reading Arabic language from database

by Mohamed Mahmoud -
Number of replies: 4

After Greeting..

I have Moodle 3.8 and Mysql database with utf-8 collation and i store arabic character in it ,and every thing was good, but suddenly i found the courses names are shows like the pic above and the same thing with users names.

this is the course table from database.

so any idea ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohamed Mahmoud

Re: Error In reading Arabic language from database

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Looks like something went terribly wrong. The names are malformed stored in your database, so I'm afraid you will need to restore from a backup.
Are only the course names wrong?
How did those course names end up there - uploaded, imported, manually created through the interface?
In reply to koen roggemans

by Mohamed Mahmoud -
Thanks for your replay 
No , not only course name but also the users name and every table have an Arabic characters.
These Courses was manually created.

In reply to Mohamed Mahmoud

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

As far as I know, that is not repairable. I suggest to install a new Moodle from scratch on that machine and check if all works fine, and then restore your database from a known good backup.

It would be interesting to know how it ended up like that.

In reply to koen roggemans

by Mohamed Mahmoud -

Thanks  Koen for your interest, I knew where was the problem.

It was in the database, and i am lucky to found my latest backup. the proplem solved with restoring that backup.

but i still don't know why it got like this.