Category 1
- Course 1
- Course 2
- Course 3
Category 2
- Course 4
- Course 5
- Course 6

Users may be enrolled in all the courses under Category 1, all the courses under Category 2 or all the courses under both Categories.

When the user gets to the home page, I want them to see a link to either Category 1, Category 2 or both (depending on their enrolments)

Ideally I'd like the title of the Category and an image which the user clicks on and takes them to the Courses from that Category. But I can't for the life of me work this out! I'm a web developer but I have no access to the back end. Which is a little frustrating...

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Broad

Re: Displaying just Categories a user is enrolled in on the Front Page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

In the front page settings does setting 'Front page items when logged in' to 'List of categories' achieve what you want?

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Displaying just Categories a user is enrolled in on the Front Page

by David Broad -

Hi Helen, thanks for your reply.

I think it kind of should, but when I do that I only see Categories when I add 'Authenticated user' to  'View list of courses you are not enrolled in' in the Permissions. But then that Category will show up for everyone, even the ones not enrolled (which of course makes sense). I'm looking for something like "View list of categories you ARE enrolled in" in the Permissions!

Does that make sense? Just re-read it and it's a bit confusing. I think it should work, but it doesn't and I'm not sure why...

Thanks