Hide content bank in the Navigation Drawer

Hide content bank in the Navigation Drawer

by Ray Pierce -
Number of replies: 4
I'm running 3.9.1 and Boost is working fine. Although I wish someone would help me figure out how to hide the Content Bank in the Navigation Drawer. I will never use it and don't want the distraction for my users.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Pierce

Re: Hide content bank in the Navigation Drawer

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I expected that it would hide itself in the Nav Drawer when it is disabled in Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage repositories - but as of 3.9 (Build: 20200615), it’s not doing that.

Add this to your custom css:

[data-key="contentbank"] {display: none;}

This is also related to https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=408233#p1647179
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Omar Matijas -
Thanks. CSS hack was useful.

Just FYI, even i disabled it from everywhere, it still was showing on menu (until css hack) and also the URL is still working 😡

Content bank setting disabled everywhere, but still available

In reply to Omar Matijas

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The Content Bank has an 'Uninstall' option next to it (Dashboard -> Site administration -> Plugins -> Repositories -> Manage repositories), so just uninstall it! It might come back when you do an upgrade, but hey, you're in control!
In reply to Ray Pierce

by Maresa Mühlemeier -

I don't think there is a way to only disable it for oneself, like customizing and personalizing looks.

However, setting Capabilities/moodle/contentbank:access  to Prohibit for each user role makes the Content Bank disappear.

I have only tested it for a short period of time for the role of teacher so use with caution, some more testing might be needed. However, when I tried to access the content bar in the role of teacher by direct use of the URL the expected error code was displayed, so at first glance prohibiting the capability seems sufficient.