Does Moodle Mobile App offers rich notifications for iOS or only for Android version?

Does Moodle Mobile App offers rich notifications for iOS or only for Android version?

by Ardian Deari -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I was wondering whether moodle official app uses rich notifications just like Android, because of what I've heard that iOS is more limited in this area...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ardian Deari

Re: Does Moodle Mobile App offers rich notifications for iOS or only for Android version?

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Ardian,

most of the features of the rich notifications are only available for Android: icons, stack several notifications in a single notification, etc. I'm not an iOS native developer nor an iOS user so I'm not sure if it's possible to achieve something similar in iOS, but the plugin we use doesn't support it so I guess iOS doesn't.

One thing that iOS does support is adding buttons to the notification, but we don't support that in the app yet (neither for Android) because there were some issues in the plugin regarding that matter.

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Dani Palou

Re: Does Moodle Mobile App offers rich notifications for iOS or only for Android version?

by Ardian Deari -
Thanks a lot, Dani, you are brilliant!
All the best