Grade type setting for gradebook items

Grade type setting for gradebook items

by David Delcò -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

I read that it is possible to change the type of grade for each item of the course in the gradebook.

I see the setting which is fixed at "value", but it is not possible to change it ...

I have several H5P elements / activities in the course that should not be graded and that I don't want to appear in the gradebook. I would like to set the grade type to "none".

Thanks for your help.

DD

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Delcò

Re: Grade type setting for gradebook items

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

No, you can adjust it's Weight to 0 from the gradebook set up, but to remove it from view in the gradebook, you'll need to open the H5P (or any other) activity directly and change the max grade value to zero (so click the activity title in the gradebook, then Edit Settings, instead of clicking Edit right in the gradebook). 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to John Provasnik

Ri: Re: Grade type setting for gradebook items

by David Delcò -

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. In effect I already did what you propose 

I tried to set the maximum rating of activities to zero, but when I reopen the settings, the value returned to 10. I think it's due to the fact that there are already ratings in the rating book.

So I tried to create a new activity by setting both sufficiency and the maximum grade to 0. In any case, the activity is still present in the gradebook ...

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks so much

Best regards.

In reply to David Delcò

Ri: Re: Grade type setting for gradebook items

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
That sounds buggy to me....
Only other thing I can think of is the "same" idea, but at the gradebook category level. In your gradebook setup, add a new category -- change the weight of the category to "0" then move your H5P activity into it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)