Android managed configurations are not supported by this app

Re: Android managed configurations are not supported by this app

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Mike,

I think you are talking about two different things here:
1. Using Google tools to allow your users to only install certain apps
2. Using Google tools to change/restrict some of the functionalities the app provides

Regarding 1, as far as I know, an Android app does not have to indicate anything to allow managers to allow/disallow the installation of the app in their organisation. So you should be able to do that

Regarding 2, our app does not support "managed configurations". This is a feature that allows admins to disable certain functionalities of the app that it exposes.

So, what I feel is happening, is that maybe you tried to apply certain functionalities restrictions to all the apps you are allowing to install to your users and you are getting this error because of that, please note that the error says "Android managed configurations are not supported by this app", so it seems to be pointing out that you are trying to change some configurations of the app, not that you are trying to forbid your users to install it.

I hope it makes sense what I'm trying to explain.

I'd recommend you to contact Google support in any case.
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Android managed configurations are not supported by this app

by Mike Chynoweth -
Hi Juan,

Thank you for your follow-up. I appreciate your help!

Mike