Quiz questions conditional on previous answers

Re: Quiz questions conditional on previous answers

על ידי Duncan Bremner בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 0
Dear Dominique,
Thank you for your response, I will try to respond in a politically correct manner חיוך
Re installing Moodle 3.9; That is not my decision and we have only (~last week) upgraded to Moodle 3.8 {By the way, we only moved on from Candles and quill pens last year קריצה ). you might want to canvas one of our IT staff who is a moderator on Authentication forum?? Seriously, while there are small pockets of staff that utilise some of the advanced features the majority of courses use it as a notes/documentation repository.

Re install on formulas; much of the problem is if 'we (teachers)' don't know about it we cannot complain; this underpins one of my gripes about Moodle /open source; no-one really owns it so new features are introduced in a low key manner. I absolutely agree that Formulas seems a really good for STEM and I only came across it while trying to solve my own problem. I have raised a request for the Formulas plug-in but been advised it is a slow path to get it installed as it needs to be approved by committee.

I've not come across STACK before but having now read a little it looks potentially very interesting. It does address the CAA problem directly which is an area I see as essential to reduce marking load; I do slightly worry about how it deals with 'silly' errors such as '+' instead of '-' in the middle of large calculations but that is another discussion. I also worry about the ease of equation entry / graphical entry; Electronic paper has not quite got there yet.

Back to my specific problem; it sounds like without 'Formulas' it is going to be difficult. While I 'could ' hack HTML it will land up with a problem down stream; better to do it properly using Formulas.