Randomize Quiz Position

Randomize Quiz Position

de Espedito Del Gaudio -
Número de respuestas: 5
I have a lesson 1hour long.
I would to insert 4 quizzes.
How can I randomize the moment when these 4 quizzes appears?
Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Espedito Del Gaudio

Re: Randomize Quiz Position

de David Campbell -
Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers

You could use a combination of restrict access and activity completion settings.  You could add something with groups as well.  

En respuesta a David Campbell

Ri: Re: Randomize Quiz Position

de Espedito Del Gaudio -

Dear David,

Thanks for your answer. 

Can you provide me an example please?

En respuesta a Espedito Del Gaudio

Re: Ri: Re: Randomize Quiz Position

de David Campbell -
Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers
First, you have to make sure that your Moodle Admin has turned on the features in the screenshot.
Advanced settings

After that, you will need to set the activity completion settings for each of the four quizzes. Probably "Student must receive a grade to complete this activity" will be okay.

completion settings

Next,  auto-create some groups from the students who will be taking the four quizzes. You could call the groups 1, 2, 3, & 4 or something more memorable. Now in the four quizzes, you will need to set the restrict access settings using "restriction sets."

add restriction

You will want your restriction sets to have these features and you need to create a restriction set for each group. The dates and times would be in the range of when the quizzes will be available. The "Activity completion would be for the different quizzes and would be different for each group. 
restriction settings

One point to remember when using restriction sets in this way is to make sure you select "any" at the top of restriction settings otherwise no one will be able to take the quizzes. 

Select any

This is a very rough outline of what you need to do, but with some experimentation, I think you can get it to do what you want. The problem will be that you will end up with very long restriction settings.
En respuesta a David Campbell

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Randomize Quiz Position

de Espedito Del Gaudio -

Dear David,

Thanks for your answer.

Good! Tomorrow I will tra with your solution.

My goal is:

A student must to see 1hour video lesson.

In this 1hour must appears random and suddenly 4 quiz moments. Then if a student give the wrong answer, he must to return at the beginning of that part and retake the quiz in a different moment.

And so, for example, if at the first attempt, the quiz was appeared at 14:30 min, at the secondo attempt the quiz must to appears at 13:15 min...and so on...

I hope your solution solve my problem