hosting recommendations please

hosting recommendations please

by altan ahmet -
Number of replies: 5

I'm looking to set up a moodle LMS which is hosted/connected independently to web ( rather than through a moodle partner ) 

My present experience of moodle partners so far is that they wont let you access all areas of the LMS , for various reasons, including cybersecurity concerns  (  & partly for commercial reasons I suspect )

Is anyone able to recommend any UK based IT companies/individuals who can connect my moodle platform securely to the internet and provide a hosting support service too ?

Or are their certified moodle partners that let you self-host ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to altan ahmet

Re: hosting recommendations please

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I work for Certified Moodle partner Titus Learning and we have clients who self host.
In reply to Marcus Green

by altan ahmet -
Thats good to know Marcus, can I message you privately please ?
In reply to altan ahmet

by Shail Jai -

hosting moodle on separate server is not big deal.. you can either use your own dedicated server or initially you can go with aws or azure. 

all three options are okay. you can also do one thing initially you can use free account of aws to setup your moodle instance ( for production site this might not work). you can always increase the size of your server as per your need.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Shail Jai

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The received wisdom seems to be that running Moodle on Azure is problematic.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

by altan ahmet -
Thanks for headsup Howard.

I use AWS for other purposes ( hosting scorm zip files for direct access ), AWS may be the way forward ?