Any way for learner to discuss a quiz question in quiz review?

Any way for learner to discuss a quiz question in quiz review?

by Walter Byrd -
Number of replies: 9

When a user has finished a quiz, and is looking at the questions in the quiz review, Is there some way for a user to comment on a quiz question? And maybe discuss the question with the instructor, or other users?

I would like the learner to be able to do that right from the quiz review page.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Byrd

Re: Any way for learner to discuss a quiz question in quiz review?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I don't know about "right from the quiz review page," but I use a catch-all forum "Ask any question..." for this purpose. If student have a question about a quiz question, they can copy/paste it into this general forum.

Even if students could make a comment right from the quiz, how would the instructor know?

Having said this, maybe others here on Moodle.org will know how. I am not the expert. But I have seen a few requests like this before. In fact, I recall one person who was trying to use the "flag" feature for this purpose.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Walter Byrd -

> I recall one person who was trying to use the "flag" feature for this purpose.

I think I might be on the same wavelength. I was wishing the "flag" feature would allow me to add a comment.

In reply to Walter Byrd

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Marcus Green

by Walter Byrd -

That plugin looks promising, I will have to give it a try.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Walter Byrd -

Thank you for the suggestion. It was easy to install, setup, and use. And it is an interesting plugin. But I was looking for something more like a forum for the question. A learner could post thoughts on the question, and other learners could view those thoughts.

With this plugin, once the questions are reviewed, whatever was entered by the learner is deleted. No other learner can respond to the post. I am looking through the quiz plugins, but I am not seeing anything.

In reply to Walter Byrd

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Then you might want to consider using a Forum, maybe one after each quiz.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Walter Byrd -
I am looking at the "StudentQuiz" plugin. This might be what I want. I have tried it yet, but I halfway through this video, and it looks promising. I will evaluate and let you know.

Moodle Plugin StudentQuiz 2.0
In reply to Walter Byrd

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I don't think it does what you originally asked about, but it is a truly awesome plugin. I did a presentation about it a few years ago and I know that it has been worked on and improved since then. Because creating questions is quite complex it works well with the Gapfill and WordSelect question types which are very very easy to use.
(That's a plug for my own question types in case it was not obvious)
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Walter Byrd -

I have been testing out the StudentQuiz plugin. It is not exactly what I was originally looking for, but it seems to be even better.

Thank you for your contributions to Moodle. The stuff people create for Moodle is mind blowing.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)