Be great if there was an option to manage the h5p packages in the content bank, eg. to make clones so I can quickly make variations. The content bank looks a bit like a repository browser, but it's not.
he current process for cloning content isn't that obvious:
- open a package by clicking on it
- click on EDIT, as if you wanted to change that package
- press the copy button at the top
- press CANCEL
- press CLOSE to go back to the content bank.
- use the add button and scroll around in the list till you find the same content type (why isn't this an autocomplete type box?) and click that type
- Click on the 'Paste' button at the top and agree with the dialogue. There's your clone.
- Go back to step 6 and discover it doesn't matter which type you chose because you're going to overwrite it anyway.
Ok so now I've made my copy and I realised that I don't need it any more. I'll just delete it again.
- I'll click the package
- I'll click, eh, maybe edit?
- Scroll around a while ... can't see anything
- maybe at the bottom? no? can't see a way to delete
- Oh wait a minute ... go to the themes control and switch to Boost
- Now there's a cog menu and underneath it a drop down with Delete
Wow these copies are getting out of control. I'll just go organise them into folder with nice version names or something
- uh ... click on the folder icon?
- oh I see.
Well, big old list of Presentation Actviity (copy) (copy) version 2 final (copy) Final version it is then. I might as well just have the files in dropbox and set it up as repository.
I like the idea of content bank, and the fact that there might one day be other types of content libraries that can be added not just h5p.