There are no course or site badges with access enabled to be added as criteria.

There are no course or site badges with access enabled to be added as criteria.

by Francisco Catena -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

First of all, thanks a lot for your outstanding work as community.

I am triying to set the criteria for a Site Badge based on "Awarded Badge" previously earned.

But I can find this message: 

Despite  I have created a course badge and I have tried to "Relate" both badges just in case this could be the issue. 

According to badges documentation "Awarded Badges criteria" applies to course and site badges. https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Managing_badges

Any clue? 

Regards. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francisco Catena

Re: There are no course or site badges with access enabled to be added as criteria.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Francisco,

I investigated things and discovered from Stephen's comment in MDL-59875 that course badges can't be used as a criteria for a site badge.

A site badge can only have another site badge as criterion. A course badge can have either another course badge or a site badge as criterion.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: There are no course or site badges with access enabled to be added as criteria.

by Francisco Catena -

Hi Helen, 

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have check MDL-59875 and I think is  a great idea to change the language string  for better user's understanding.

My plan was somethinkg like this: 

• the student meets an completion criteria and earn a course badge
  • thanks to this badge -which is evidence of a kind of achivement- the student is enrolled (via Badge Enrolment plugin)  in a new course that fit better with his/her profile

PROBLEM: This plugin only works with site badge

Could yo think of any other way to accomplish the plan? Competences like criteria of earning for a site badge may be? 

Thanks!

In reply to Francisco Catena

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If it's OK for students to self-enrol in the new course, when students earn the course badge, you could amend the badge notification message to say something like 'Congratulations, you have earned badge xyz and can now enrol in a new course that fits better with your profile (link to course) using the enrolment key abc.'