Maintaining external css styles

Maintaining external css styles

by Doug Stevens -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all, I've been very successfully using the Lucimo ePub Import tool to write content in Google Docs and then import directly into a MOODLE book.   What I really like about this tool is how it imports css style information such as table properties and font families.  The challenge is when I need to edit the final product - for example to embed a video.  Both Atto and TinyMCE erase all CSS data the moment I open them, removing all the formatting I did in Docs.  I'm wondering if anyone knows a possible solution?

Thanks,

Doug

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Stevens

Re: Maintaining external css styles

by Theo Hughes -
I don't believe there is any configuration option to change this behaviour. (If someone else know's better, please chime in!). The only solution I know of is a programmatic one i.e. you can edit the code so it doesn't remove the CSS. However, this is unlikely to be a solution for most as they either don't have access to code, or the expertise... especially as in the latest versions of Moodle one needs to compile changes for them to show up i.e. you can't just edit the .js files and have the changes work in Moodle. So it's a bit more complicated than just pointing to the lines of code that need removing / commenting out / whatever.

Best wishes, Theo