Blinded grading by multiple teachers

Blinded grading by multiple teachers

د Harsha Halahalli لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 2

Moodle Version: 3.9

We have a requirement, in some courses, for a semester end quiz to be graded by two different teachers in a "blinded" way. i.e., each of the graders should not have access to the marks awarded by the other teacher. These are for essay type questions. Each of the Grader's (Teacher's) marks would ideally be recorded separately. Is this possible at all or is there any workaround that can thought of?

Thanks is advance

Harsha

د درجې بندۍ اوسط:  -
In reply to Harsha Halahalli

Re: Blinded grading by multiple teachers

د Tim Hunt لخوا -
د Core developers انځور د Documentation writers انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Peer reviewers انځور د Plugin developers انځور
I think this is not currently possible.

(The only way I can think of to do this is for both teachers to record their marks offline, and then have someone combine the two marks, and type them into Moodle. This is not a good solution.)

It might be possible to develop this by creating a new question_behaviour plugin (https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Question_behaviours) but that requires development).
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Blinded grading by multiple teachers

د Ewout ter Haar لخوا -
It occurs to me "grading workflow" or "anonymous marking" could be abstractions in Moodle, used by Assignment, Quiz, Forum etc. People expect, naturally, that if they can do it Assignment they should be able to do it in Quiz too.

It was done with Advanced grading methods. I imagine it would be very hard to rework Quiz to make use of these sorts of abstractions.

Anyway, just musing out loud.