How to add LTI App into course?

Re: How to add LTI App into course?

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can get a free MoodleCloud account that allows you to access outside courses with LTI. I was doing this the other day so my MoodleCloud account could view courses and questions on one of my DigitalOcean hosted accounts. I was impressed with the results, but found the setup quite confusing. Because you cannot add plugins to MoodleCloud, the ability to access an external Moodle that does have plugins is quite interesting.

The world would benefit from some documentation on how to connect from one Moodle to another. I think the interface allows connection to other systems which adds additional options which can add to the confusion. Moodle specific instructions could make it much easier.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: How to add LTI App into course?

by Felix Reyes -

Thanks for your reply Marcus.

I'm trying to integrate an app which has a launch url, secret and shared key. But it's on a course by course basis.

So, basically I will need to connect each course from our end with its partner course on Moodle each time. Every integration will have its own different credentials.

It seems that this is possible, since one faculty member who uses our product, was able to create a launch icon from within Moodle (integrate as an external LTI tool) which transfers student names, emails, and other information on a course by course basis. But I'm unsure of the steps that he took in order to do this.