Hi, Our Site runs Moodle 3.8.2 -centos 7 with several standard roles (notably editingteacher and student)
We install zoom plugin to help automate the creation of new zoom instances. The installation is normal, no errors, and the connection is normal.
On the course "add activity", there is a new activity : zoom meeting. It can be created, edited, and launch normally. So far no problem, except... the zoom activity doesn't show on the course page of students. (It is not configured hidden.)
here is the teacher point of view:
and the student point of view :
naturally we tried with other role : managers, teacher, all can see the activity normally. So we try to check for the role of students: mod/zoom:view is allow
we tried more steps :
- Toggling it on and off (no effect)
- purge all cache (no effect)
- allow mod/zoom:addinstance (thought we give it a try- no effect)
- create a new role from archetype:student, we call it student2 and assign a user to this role for the course==> success, the activity shows.
- because of step 4, we thought there are differences in the role permissions of "student" and "student2", but the permissions of both role is identical, we triple check it : it is identical for all permissions (not just the zoom:view). (below is excerpt of screenshot )
- try to check whether the permission of "mod/zoom:view" is affecting views: we change the config for "student2" and now all user attached to it cannot see the activity (same as "student")
- using different kind of enrollments (manual and self enrollment) ==> no difference.
- from our understanding there is no problem with the plugin itself, but somehow this "student role" cannot view it.
- if we try try to open the URL of the activity from address bar, then error "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden" shows up, but once more : it is not configured hidden