embedquestion fiter - problem installing

embedquestion fiter - problem installing

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hello,

I'v run into a problem trying to install the embedquestion filter on one of my test Moodles 3.6.5+ Build 20190718). The installation does not complete, I receive the following, and essentially the admin UI keeps returning to the error page when I try to open the settings on the Plugins overview page or when I try to vavigate to the admin Notifications page:

Exception - syntax error, unexpected '?'

More information about this error

Debug info:
Error code: generalexceptionmessage
Stack trace:
  • line 140 of /filter/embedquestion/classes/utils.php: ParseError thrown
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_component::classloader()
  • line 45 of /filter/embedquestion/classes/admin/question_behaviour_setting.php: call to spl_autoload_call()
  • line 3142 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to filter_embedquestion\admin\question_behaviour_setting->load_choices()
  • line 8353 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to admin_setting_configselect->output_html()
  • line 8328 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to admin_output_new_settings_by_page()
  • line 29 of /admin/upgradesettings.php: call to admin_output_new_settings_by_page()

Something similar happened a while back with a previous version of the filter, which I then managed to uninstall. I decided to give it another shot now (prior to upgrading to the latest Moodle 3.6.10 in the 3.6 series), but got stuck again.  I suspect some specific server setup.. I wonder if you can provide any guidance  as to where to look for the root of the problem. I can provide more info if needed - I previously tested using a local Windows Moodle package, same Moodle version and similar plugins installed, and the filter installed without such problems.

Thanks !

PS. Just read this ticket https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-filter_embedquestion/issues/11   "syntax error on PHP <7.1" , had a loot at my server settings and probebly found the culprit:

"version 7.0.0 is required and you are running 7.0.33.0.9.7"

Uninstalling the plugin again then. If my problem still merits a comment, I'll be happy to learn ..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

Re: embedquestion fiter - problem installing

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Replying to myself - maybe of interest to some.

Moodle 3.6.10 , PHP 7.0.33.0.9.7 : I have been able to install with success older versions of the filter_embedquestion and atto_embedquestion , specifically these two:

FILTER: Version build number
Version release name
1.6 for Moodle 3.6+

ATTO plugin:
Version build number
Version release name
1.3 for Moodle 3.6+

It is not possible to install report_embedquestion , however, as this add-on requires a higher version of the filter_embedquestion plugin, which in turn requires PHP 7.1 .

HTH.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)