Retrofitting Safe Exam Browser for existing quizzes - not permitted?!

Retrofitting Safe Exam Browser for existing quizzes - not permitted?!

بواسطة - Carl Brewer
عدد الردود: 2

I got very excited when I saw the improved SEB in 3.9.  That is, until I went to apply it, and it won't let me add the requirement to a quiz that has already been used. 

Um ... why?

This means we have to recreate our exams if we want to use it.   It's an environmental improvement, not a change to the quiz questions etc.  It allows us to reduce supervision, and it, IMO, should be permissible to add to an existing quiz without this fuss.

Who do I send beer to to get it changed?

متوسط التقييمات: -
رداً على Carl Brewer

Re: Retrofitting Safe Exam Browser for existing quizzes - not permitted?!

بواسطة - Luca Bösch
صورة Core developers صورة Documentation writers صورة Particularly helpful Moodlers صورة Peer reviewers صورة Plugin developers صورة Testers

Hi Carl

The function if I remember correctly is as with adding/removing questions to/from quizzes: when there are existing attempts it is not allowed to change the SEB settings.
So you have to remove the attempts, then you can set the SEB settings to whatever you want.

Best,
Luca

رداً على Luca Bösch

Re: Retrofitting Safe Exam Browser for existing quizzes - not permitted?!

بواسطة - Carl Brewer
Thank you, Luca. It's important to us to keep our history of results for these quizzes. If I remove the attempts, we lose that? I'm honestly struggling to see why this can't be "just done". It seems odd that Moodle software is enforcing a policy. It should have a recommendation, and the ability to override it. I could just go and edit the SQL database .. but may make a mess in the process!