Planet Estream

Planet Estream

by Pete Steele -
Number of replies: 7

I am using Moodle version 3.7 and am relatively new to its use (10 Months).

I am attempting to upload the 'Static page' plugin but Planet Estream keeps popping up for a URL. I have not subscribed to P-EStream but it appears to stop me in my tracks for some plugins. I cannot remember installing it either??

I have attempted to remove it but it sits in the location where it is telling me to re-install and without installing it again, I cannot get back to my platform and courses.

Any help with this would be greatly received.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pete Steele

Re: Planet Estream

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sounds very strange... any chance of a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Where did your Moodle come from in the first place? Did you download it from moodle.org or something else?
In reply to Pete Steele

by Pete Steele -
Hi Howard

Yes, this is even more strange as I cannot appear to replicate now I've tried?

Slightly embarrassing.

Do I need Planet Estream?
The site was downloaded from Moodle itself.
In reply to Pete Steele

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I've no idea what Planet Estream is
In reply to Howard Miller

by Pete Steele -
In reply to Pete Steele

by Howard Miller -
I suppose the question is "are you using any of these plugins"?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Pete Steele -
Hi Howard. No none of them.
It really is a pain as when I load some... Not all.. plugins, this damned Planet stream comes up asking for a link and without it, the upload stops there.
Planet Estream seems like its a site where you need to subscribe to add videos to educational courses etc. Ive never chosen any of their plugins, never intend to subscribe as its expensive but its in there being a pain in the arse.

Ive checks the plugin directory and it states is an add in so Ive tried to remove it but it sits in some repository waiting for me to upload again. i cannot seem to remove it from there either.
Im using other get arounds but it really is a pain.

If you haven't heard of it before then it must be just me having the issue. never mind and thanks for trying to help out.
In reply to Pete Steele

by Howard Miller -
It *must* be in your Moodle code somewhere.... check the plugins overview page!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)