Naughty word master glossary?

Naughty word master glossary?

eftir Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 2
Mynd av Documentation writers
I was reviewing one of my lesson questions on the production site.  4 letters were blocked out of a proper name.    The last 4 letters of the name was blacked out. The person is a well known in US History: John Hancock.  

Is there some naughty glossary which is being referenced and where would it be?  I do not have a glossary in this course.  It sure looks different that the usual greyed glossary link highlite.

I did use the "<nolink>"  Hancock " </nolink>" solution to eliminate the blacking out.  It does not appear in the lesson edit mode. 

The blackout did not appear on my sandbox moodle machines, neither at home nor at work.  I think I have glossary linking on in both those places.   I would like to know the naughty list.   I will take it up with admin. But they may not know.

Thx  Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Naughty word master glossary?

eftir Joseph Rézeau -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Plugin developers Mynd av Testers Mynd av Translators
Hi Chris,
The offending word is part of the list of censored words to be found in \moodle\lang\en\censor.php.
Of course words will only be censored if Admin has activated the Word Censorship filter for the Moodle site.
I am personally very much against censorship, on the grounds that is is a) unethical and b) inefficient.evil
See this discussion.
All the best,
Joseph
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Naughty word master glossary?

eftir Chris Collman -
Mynd av Documentation writers
Amen.  I think it was turned on for another purpose or turned on to see what would happen and forgotten in the prototype stage.    Takes somebody like me to turn over the right rock. clown

Thanks for the pointer as to where, I will inform higher authority.

Chris