Easy Enrol Plugin

Easy Enrol Plugin

by Ric Robinson -
Number of replies: 2

This is a great plug in.  I have Easy Enrollment  v1.6 up and running on Moodle 3.9 (Fordson Theme)  and all is well except for one thing...which I am guessing is a setting somewhere.   My participants create their own new user accounts.  Once logged in they are on their dashboard and put the enrollment code into the enrollment field. This takes them to the beginning of their course.   So far so good and no issues.  As I understand it, these new accounts will be set to the student role by default.   Since all of my users are adults, I renamed "student" to "participant."   When I look these folks under the course, they show up as having  "no role"?

Any ideas of what I should be doing to fix this?

PS I notice with the manual enrollment you can specify a role when enrolling a user.  Is there such a function in Easy Enrollment?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ric Robinson

Re: Easy Enrol Plugin

by Dianne Volek -
How strange that two people did exactly the same thing within 2 days of each other.  When you Define Roles  (Users > Permissions > Define Role) I suspect you need to keep the original short name (e.g. manager, student, teacher, editingteacher).
In reply to Dianne Volek

Re: Easy Enrol Plugin

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Yes, you should keep the shortname and not change it for any of the standard roles. Instead, use the Custom full name. This is what shows up in the interface for users and was made just for this purpose.