Preview of file and annotations not working

by Kamlesh Bhure -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

I have installed and enabled ghostscript and unoconv on server and tested it from plugin setting it is showing success. I am using moodle 3.7 version. 

When students submit an assignment (.doc/.docx/.ppt/.pptx/etc), if the instructor clicks on "grade" instead of "view submissions" they are properly taken to the grading page which should show a preview of the document so that they can be quickly graded. 

Can someone please help me on this? I want to make annotations on preview of file to be enabled. But somehow its not working.

Let me know if you need any extra details.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kamlesh Bhure

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Kamlesh,

Have you checked the cron.php is running properly? This is key for using the Annotate PDF tool in Assignment. The convert-for-annotation task runs once for every submission, and is triggered by the instructor opening the grading interface (but correct me if I'm wrong there). AFAIK it's not possible to redo the file conversion for annotation if it failed a previous time.

Also, consider using the G Suite or O365 document converters instead, as unoconv is a tricky little thing that has been causing tracker issues since its introduction.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Preview of file and annotations not working

by Kamlesh Bhure -
Hi Joost,

Thanks for reply, I see that pdf annotation tool is working fine now. I need to enable it for course in feedback section as well after installation.
But I see new problem PDF annotation don't have option to undo any changes done wrongly using marker or any other tool.
Anyone can help me to figure out option to undo changes done.