Is it possible to only have ''People" and "Grades" in "This Course" dropdown list?

Is it possible to only have ''People" and "Grades" in "This Course" dropdown list?

by Rui Hu -
Number of replies: 0

I am using Adaptable theme for Moodle 3.8. It comes with "This Course" link on the Nav bar, with four types of links: 

• "People" -- basically is "Participants", which shows all participants in the class. In Theme--> Adaptable-->Nav bar setting, this can be disabled.
  • "Grades" ---> show your own grades if you are a student; show class grades if you are a teacher. 
  • "Sections" --> this can be removed by uncheck a box in theme->Adaptable->nav bar setting too.
  •  All course activities, including SCORM packages, quizzes, discussion forums, etc. 

So basically, to improve user experiences, I want to have only "People" and "Grades" showing up on the nav bar. I wish to remove course activities. In this case, "Forums", "Reengagements" and "SCORM packages" need to be removed.  Is this even possible? 

If it is not possible to remove course activities from "This Course", I think I would want to remove "This Course" link from the nav bar by deselect it from theme-> adaptable->Nav bar setting.   

Then my question will be: Is there a way to directly put the link for students and teachers to access their "Course Grades", as well as a direct link to access participants? 

I know as a teacher you can access gradebook from the course admin block. However it seems to be lengthy to navigate there...

Also I know students can access their grades from the upper right corner of the User menu, but again it is "far" from the course. Also the students would see all grades from all courses that they are enrolled it. 

Please forgive my shallow understanding of Moodle if any of above are wrong and I appreciate any help on improving the user experience for students and teachers when they are in the course. 

Thanks. 

Average of ratings: -