Turn editing on in Moodle 3.9 - Fordson theme

Turn editing on in Moodle 3.9 - Fordson theme

by Lambert Famorca -
Number of replies: 6

I am using Moodle 3.9 and I am using Fordson for 3.9 and it seems the Turn Editing On button disappears in the course page. I logged in as a Teacher. For administrators, the 3 icons appear.

Has anybody experienced the issue too? What could be a workaround/solution to this?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Lambert Famorca

Re: Turn editing on in Moodle 3.9 - Fordson theme

by Akshay Dusane -

Have you got solution ? Even I am facing the same issue.

In reply to Lambert Famorca

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I did not run across this issue in testing. I will double check and try to confirm. The button doesn't appear when inside an activity. It only appears on the main course page. Once you click into a resource or activity it goes away.

Can you confirm at no point a teacher sees the edit button?
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Vassilis Virvilis -
Hi,

I am seeing the same problem. I am logged in as admin and I have to go the 'Site Administration' to turn editing on.

Here is a screenshot.

Screenshot  demonstrating the absence of the 'Turn Block Editing on/off' button.
In reply to Vassilis Virvilis

by Ray Pierce -
I have had the same issue. In fact, the "Turn Editing On" button has completely disappeared even on the home page. I have to use the gear icon drop down menu like in to old Boost days.

But, I absolutely LOVE Fordson!!

Attachment screenshot.jpg
In reply to Ray Pierce

by Vassilis Virvilis -

I think I found out what's going on.

I have been looking for the 'blocks edit on' in the right side (red circle)

While in fordson the button has been transferred in the toolbar (up & left -- green circle)

Thanks god it was still there (right side) for the admin otherwise I wouldn't choose this very nice theme - or I would have found it earlier.

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Jayasree Biswas -
Hii Chris,
I'm facing the same issue, I can't see the "Turn editing on" button on the course page. Please help me with this.missing "Turn editing on" button