Certification course (copy by reference)

Certification course (copy by reference)

by Nancy Gleaton -
Number of replies: 0

I've been away from Moodle for awhile, so I'm really behind on what the capabilities are. I'm looking for a feature that I don't know what it's called here, or if it even exists. Here's the scenario.

I have a catalog of courses that each be taken standalone at-will. We'll call them A,B, C, ... Z.

I'll be creating a certification course that requires completing A, C, D, N, and X. Then there will another certification course that uses A, C, F, P, and X.

In the system being used now, I can create the cert course by doing a "copy by reference," whereby the standalone course are "copied" into the cert course (sort of like each required standalone course becomes a lesson in the new course). The learner enrolls in the cert course and is automatically presented all the courses required.

In addition, if the learner takes one of the standalone courses that's used in a cert course, and then later enrolls in the cert course, it automatically shows credit received for the standalone course(s) already completed.

I track the cert course only, meaning I don't want to have to figure out if learners have taken the individual courses that comprise the cert course.

Is this possible in Moodle? If so, what is this feature called (what do I look up to read up on it)?

Average of ratings: -