> Hi Kamilla,
> Could you please re-formulate your question with more step-by-step details?
> Something like:
> 1.- Teacher created a questionnaire with questions numbered 1.1, 1.2,
> 1.3, etc. The questions were of xxx type(s).
xxx = Frage Bewertung (Skala 1..5) bearbeiten
This is the name of a predefined type offered by us.
> 2.- Students answered the questionnaire.
> 3.- Then teacher decided to delete one question (I do not understand
> what you mean by "a partial question")
There are two consecutive text areas "Fragetext" and "Mögliche
Antworten". The latter textarea is very tall (about 30 characters) but
of fixed width, so it cannot expanded in width. There the texts of the
consecutive questions (three questions in my case) has to be placed.
This text is parsed by linebreaks into the different questions that are
displayed for individual evaluation each. Due to the problematic
interface (its not clear, what are soft linebreaks that do not count,
and what are hard linebreaks) the questions were expanded in a wrong
way. One of the questions was splitted in two parts (hence "partial
question"). Hence 4 questions were displayed, one of them (the second of
four) containing the wrong second part of the text.
So much about the prehistory. I noticed the problem only during
evaluation and deleted this "partial question" (so removing the second
of four items). Interestingly
1) I could do that in an ongoing evaluation.
2) The expected behaviour (the question was deleted together with the
answers) did not happen, but (as far as I understood) the existing
evaluation results were reassigned in the given order (i.e. results of
the old question 2 to the new question 2, that was the old question 3
etc., the results of the old question 4 were skipped).
> 4.- Then, etc.
> Anyway, since the teacher admits he made a wrong manipulation ("an
> incorrect line break", whatever that means), it is most unlikely that we
> can reproduce the problem and find a solution.
Hi Joseph, I hope that I explained the problem in sufficent detail to
reproduce the problem and to fix these two really annoying points
1) The badly designed text area
2) The behavior editing an ongoing evaluation (in other ELE that I used
- OLAT, OPAL - this is not allowed at all)
This is the answer of our "bug finder".