LDAp User Sync

LDAp User Sync

by Steven Rottmair -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I have a problem with the automatic user sync with my LDAP server. It does'nt work.....i always get the mistake like my LOG-File shows.......what's the problem ?? Can anybody help me ??

Thanks a lot

Steven

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Rottmair

Re: LDAp User Sync

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Try enabling debug messages and re-run the user sync, it may provide extra information. (Remember to remove any personal information of users before you post it here).

Also, what type and version of database is used for Moodle? E.g. MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server.

And what version of Moodle is this?

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Steven Rottmair -
How can I initialize a LDAP Sync out of the task ???

Moodle 3.7.6+
PHP 7.3.11
MariaDB 10.2.22
In reply to Steven Rottmair

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

There are two ways to run an individual scheduled task:

1. Click Run now for LDAP users sync job on the Site administration → Server → Scheduled tasks page. You need to set Path to PHP CLI in Site administration → Server → System paths if this link doesn't appear.
  2. From the command line. On Linux this would be something like php /path/to/moodle/admin/tool/task/cli/schedule_task.php --execute=\\auth_ldap\\task\\sync_task

Using the second option you can capture the output, e.g. php /path/to/moodle/admin/tool/task/cli/schedule_task.php --execute=\\auth_ldap\\task\\sync_task > /tmp/output.txt 2>&1 to send it to /tmp/output.txt.