Setting conditions

Setting conditions

by DaVinci Menno -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all,

We are trying to set up our gradebook the way you can with the visibility of an activity. Allow me to set an example:

Category A, with activities 1,2,3 and 4 is viewable in the gradebook for anyone with profile field ''Subject A''. 

Category B, with activities 5,6,7 and 8 is only viewable if your profile field is ''Subject B''

Category C has activities 1 to 8, which are divided under Category A and B and is viewable for everyone with profile fields ''Subject A'' and ''Subject B'' or the profile field that combines these two, profile field: ''Subject A+B''. 

As all subjects are displayed on a course page, this would be a vital adjustment to our Moodle environment.
We would like to make sure that users do not see categories in the gradebook that are irrelevant to them. 

I have tried to make use of categories in the Moodle gradebook, but do not see how to give these the access conditions in the way you would set these up for an activity on a course page. 

We use Moodle 3.5.12 (hope to upscale this to Moodle 3.9 by the beginning of September).

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

(off the record: I have tried to change my username here into my name, but everytime I log out, my username is displayed as ''DaVinci Menno'' again. If anyone could help me with that, I'd be grateful for that too!)

Kind regards,

Menno