H5P Plugin

H5P Plugin

by Elisa Vena -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I have a Moodle with my school but I want to save a copy for myself and started a new Moodle (free version).  I also uploaded all my h5p content to be able to copy it  on my new Moodle.  But it seems that my free version does not have h5p plugin.  Is that right?  Do I have to have a paid version to be able to copy all my h5p content? 

My last question:  should I wait the 13th of July to get the new 3.9 Moodle version before doing anything?

Thank you very much for your help!

Elisa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elisa Vena

Re: H5P Plugin

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Elisa,
the H5P plugin you used has to be installed additionally. I don't have any experience with "free" versions of Moodle, but if you don't have administrator rights and/or the necessary knowledge, you cannot add any plugin.
Regarding your second question, yes, I'd wait to have access to a Moodle site with 3.9, since it will include H5P as a core activity and it requires your manually uploading of the .h5p files created with the plugin or through h5p.org. Especially since I assume you have quite a few h5p activities - you don't want to do this twice smile
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Elisa Vena -

Thank you very much for your reaction. I alteady copied all my h5p (using the  reuse button). I am willing to pay an upgrade but I don't know if the plan at 80$aus will have the h5p. I am not yet ready to go 'public' with my Moodle and that is why I don't want to pay too much - but if I cannot use h5p with the 80$ plan, I better go for the mini. Do you know anything about that? And is the date 13th of July accurate for the release  of 3.9? 

Thank you for helping me. 

Elisa

In reply to Elisa Vena

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Elisa,
I'm not familiar with the free version of Moodle. But I have read here the package of plugins included in Moodle Cloud and H5P is not there. But if the version used is 3.9, it should include H5P as a core functionality, even the free plan. I'm sorry I cannot give you more concrete information.
Beatriz