[3.9] Mid-year previous year / temporary course restore

[3.9] Mid-year previous year / temporary course restore

by Thomas Renard -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

Say I'm in the middle of the school year 2020-2021, my school is undergoing an inspection of the government and wants to inspect a certain course of the school year 2019-2020. They also want to inspect the results of the students during 2019-2020, some of whom are no longer in our school.

How do I restore that course and let them see the grades of the school year 2019-2020 while being in school year 2020-2021?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Thomas Renard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Renard

Re: [3.9] Mid-year previous year / temporary course restore

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You'd have to test this out ...

Create a category called 'Inspections'

Create a user 'inspector' ... not a real email address.  You are in control of password.

Restore your full user backup of 'certain 2019-2020' course to 'inspections' category.  Assign 'inspector' to be non-editing teacher of 'certain 2019-2020' course ...  might also have to create a special role based upon teacher role called 'inspector' if non-editing teacher doesn't provide what's needed.

If there are students no longer in your system from 2019-2020 then you won't be able to generate any report for all of them.

There are a couple of addons for generating reports - Ad Hoc and Configurable Reports ... you gen the query.  See Moodle's plugins for downloads .. check that you acquire the version compatible with your 3.9 version of Moodle.

Might be a good idea to find/read/study requirements/etc. for 'approved' online learning from your nation/dept./ministry of education etc. to get an idea of what you might need to track going forward - would help prepare for the next requested 'government inspection'.

My 2 cents.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Thomas Renard

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Thomas,

You could also have a complete backup of your 2019-2020 installation, installed elsewhere, put in maintenance mode (so that nobody can use it).
You can then allow, if/when needed, some inspector people to connect to it (allowing moodle/site:maintenanceaccess), perhaps after activating context freezing, and giving needed role/capacities where needed.

HTH,
Séverin
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Like your suggestion better than my own! smile If OP has the space/resources.