can I set default language for moodle mobile app?

can I set default language for moodle mobile app?

by Lovrty Archer -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

1. after download Android version moodle apk, then install it. I find its language will be set to cellphone's. this is perfect.

2. but when do above step via iphone, when open it first time, app language always is ENGLISH, even if my cellphone is Italian language. can i change this situation?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lovrty Archer

回复: can I set default language for moodle mobile app?

by Lovrty Archer -

I have read the FAQ, but my mobile system is Italian, when install moodle via app store, it's English Language.

How can I get the app in my language?

Setting your language

The Moodle app automatically detects your mobile's language and displays in the same language (if the translation exists). Otherwise, you can set the app language in App settings > General.

If the Moodle app is not yet available in your language, please contribute a translation! See Translating Moodle Mobile for details of what to do.

Re: can I set default language for moodle mobile app?

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

I just tested this in an iPhone and iPad and the app displayed the italian language as it should. Basically I:

-Uninstalled the app I had previously installed.
-Changed the iPad and iPhone language to Italian (in Settings > General > Language).
-Install the Moodle app again and open it. The app language was set to Italian.

Please notice that some strings will still be seen in English because they haven't been translated to italian yet.

If the issue still happens to you can you please tell us which iOS version are you using? I tested this in 12.3.1 and 13.4.1.

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Dani Palou

回复: Re: can I set default language for moodle mobile app?

by Lovrty Archer -
Thanks for your kind response. the iphone i tested is 12.0.1(16A405), iPhone XR.

Re: 回复: Re: can I set default language for moodle mobile app?

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I tested in an iPhone XR simulator with iOS 12.4 and it also worked fine too. Is there any reason why you aren't updating to iOS 12.4? Maybe that fixes the problem.

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Dani Palou

回复: Re: 回复: Re: can I set default language for moodle mobile app?

by Lovrty Archer -
Thanks for your help, I will suggest this student upgrade his ios version.