Personal Response Systems (clickers)

Personal Response Systems (clickers)

by Peter Campbell -
Number of replies: 1
Has anyone heard of Moodle being used with Personal Response Systems (clickers)?

These devices "allow large groups of people to vote on a topic or answer a question. Each person has a remote control with which selections can be made. Each remote communicates with a computer via receivers located around the room. After a set time, the system shuts off and tabulates the results. Typically, the results are instantly made available to the participants via a bar graph displayed on projector."

source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_response_system
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Campbell

Re: Personal Response Systems (clickers)

by Miles Berry -
I've successfully exported TurningPoint quizzes to Moodle as GIFTs, via an excel sheet, so that my pupils could re-attempt these.
I did investigate exporting their responses from the first go into Moodle, but this looked very unpleasant.
I think it would be possible to do something interesting with Choice activities and wifi pdas or laptops (which would, I reckon, conform to wikipedia's definition), and take the proprietary voting systems out of the equation. I wonder if it would be possible to integrate a sequence of Choices into the Moodle gradebook? Probably not easy.