Moodle installation issue in ubuntu

Moodle installation issue in ubuntu

by Pooja HM -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to install moodle on ubuntu 20.04, php version is 7.4. I am not able to edit password field for admin. database is correct . PFA of the issue i am facing. Kindly help me with the issue.ubuntuerr

Attachment ubuntuerr.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pooja HM

Re: Moodle installation issue in ubuntu

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Possibly you're not accessing the site using the URL configured during install. Moodle uses this URL to load its JavaScript and CSS files.

Check $CFG->wwwroot in config.php (which is in the Moodle source code folder) and check that this URL is one the Ubuntu server is correctly configured with.

You must then use this URL to complete the installation. If for some reason you're setting up a site which cannot be accessed via it's URL you must install Moodle using the command line.

In reply to Pooja HM

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You are getting a lot of 404 errors there... How did you upload the Moodle files to your web server?
In reply to Jon Witts

by James Steerpike -

If you have the Ubunbu LAMP server set up correctly the Moodle install is very quick as all the requirements will be met. I would start again and follow the Ubuntu step by step guide. I think it will be easier to get it right from the beginning rather than chase errors.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)