Installation must be finished from the original IP address, sorry.

Installation must be finished from the original IP address, sorry.

by Karthigeyan S -
Number of replies: 5
I try to instal moodle in my ubuntu server. Everything is done but finally, I got this error but I replace my server IP in the database directly but the problem is not fixed. What can I do next??

Attachment Error.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karthigeyan S

Re: Installation must be finished from the original IP address, sorry.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Mind describing this

".. replace my server IP in the database directly .."

in specific detail.

Could have: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61908291/installation-must-be-finished-from-the-original-ip-address-sorry-moodle

Or, via mysql client query made the last ip of the account you were using to upgrade the IP address you are currently using.

Once you get this up and running, might be a good idea to add a line to your config.php file for requiring a key to upgrade.

https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Upgrade_key

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Karthigeyan S -
Thanks for your quick reply. I replace my current IP in the database and I include the upgrade key in config.php but no luck still showing the same error"Installation must be finished from the original IP address, sorry."
$CFG->wwwroot = 'https://internationalgh.com';
$CFG->dataroot = '/var/www/html/moodledata';
$CFG->admin = 'admin';

$CFG->directorypermissions = 0777;
$CFG->upgradekey ='8124730727';

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

First, I suggested the upgrade key in config.php **after** you resolved the issue.  Sharing it here in these forums is a very bad idea.  Change the key.

Just checked your site - appears to be a 3.9 and appears to be up and running so you've resolved the issue?

From what you've shared ... I see the location of moodledata appears to be in document root of apache server.  Not really best place to be ... but as long as you have an .htaccess file in there, then folks cannot browse it directly.

For your notes on working with your server ... it's behind CloudFlare ... and actually has in DNS 2 DNS entries - one IP entered twice??!!!??. 

That's strange but might have been involved the issue you were having with installing from same IP address.

Did you manage to set up an admin user with password?

I see from the paths that it's a Linux box (actually a Ubuntu) which should mean you have ssh access to server ... by it's true IP address.

You might explore using ssh and some php scripts that exist in moodlecode/admin/cli/ to help admin your server.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Karthigeyan S -

I resolve issue

by Peter Law -
Possible to share how you resolve the issue? I am having the same issue as well.