Customise Email Notification for Those Failed Second Attempt

Customise Email Notification for Those Failed Second Attempt

by David Lee -
Number of replies: 11

Understand that the student can be allowed more than one attempt to the quiz. Can we customise the message in email notification for those who still failed after 2nd attempt? I would like to customise it to "Please go to see teacher for consultation before trying again!". If it's possible, please share me the steps. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Lee

Re: Customise Email Notification for Those Failed Second Attempt

by David Lee -

Can anyone help out with my question? If it's not feasible, please suggest what should I do to achieve that.

In reply to David Lee

by David Campbell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
David,
There is one possible way but you will need to download the simple reminder block (https://github.com/nakaharatt/moodle-block_simple_reminder). You will also need to set up the completion settings for the quiz to require a passing grade. Then you set up the simple reminder block. It does require a date for when you would like the message sent.
Attachment Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 14.30.40.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Campbell

by David Lee -

Hi David,

I have set up the completion settings for the quiz to require a passing grade. But where can i look for simple reminder block?

In reply to David Lee

by David Campbell -

The simple reminder block isn't standard in Moodle, so you will need to download it from the github link from the earlier post. You will need to have your Moodle administrator install it for you. 

by David Lee -
Hi David,
I have installed it but could not find the reminder settings to make changes as per your screenshot. How can I get there?
In reply to David Lee

by David Campbell -

I'm not sure what theme you are using, but I use Boost. You will find the "Add a block" under the hamburger menu on the left. It is at the bottom of the column.

When you click on the "Add a block" it will bring up a window of a list of all the blocks available to you. Select "Simple Reminder".

After you select "Simple Reminder" you will see the window below. When you click on "Manage reminder" it will bring up the window in my previous post where you adjust the settings. Clicking on the "gear icon" will give you the settings for adjusting where the block will show on the page. Once you set up the reminder you can hide it so it won't show on the students' page, but it will still run. 

You will need to decide when you want this to run because it will also go to students who haven't attempted the quiz yet. The students who have taken the quiz once and passed it won't get the reminder. You might want to look at the quiz results and see if most of the students have taken the quiz or reword the reminder to also include people who haven't attempted the quiz yet.

by David Lee -

Hi David,

Thanks for your sharing. However, i couldn't find Simple Reminder in "Add a Block" window list. Please see screenshot below:

When going to plugin overview, i can confirm that the plugin is successfully installed and activated. Please see below:

In reply to David Lee

by David Campbell -
This might be the issue.
From the Moodle docs.

Hiding a block
The hide/show column allows selected blocks to be hidden i.e. they do not appear in any course "Add a block" dropdown menu and cannot be used in any course. To hide a block, click the eye icon so that it changes to a closed eye.

To reduce the length of course "Add a block" dropdown menus, you should hide blocks which will not be used, such as mentees (unless you have added a mentor role) and network servers (unless you are using Moodle Networking).

by Christian Belarde -
I also installed simple reminder block, as i also needed the same requirements. Unfortunately, I also have the same issues. The simple reminder block is successfully installed to my local host, but it's not available in Additional Block options.
Attachment d22.PNG
In reply to Christian Belarde

by David Campbell -

You need to go to the Manage Block setting in the site administration.Manage blocks

It will probably be greyed out and the eye will be closed.

Manage blocks 2

In reply to David Lee

by David Campbell -
Where are you trying to install the block? It will only work at the course level, not the site level.