Boost 3.9 Background Image

Boost 3.9 Background Image

by Jon Witts -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi there,

I have uploaded a background image to my Boost theme on my testing 3.9 server in the theme settings but I cannot see where this image is used... Do I need to also apply some custom SCSS to get the background image to display? 

I did search through the docs Boost_theme but there is no mention of this setting or how to make use of it...

Thanks,

Jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Witts

Re: Boost 3.9 Background Image

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Have you tried adding it in the Boost settings?
Attachment Background Image.png
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, that is where I have added it.

My question is where on the site should that image show? I have added it and I cannot see it anywhere on my site....

Thanks,
Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I believe that it will depend upon the size of your original image because the one image is sized to your Moodle's size. Your entire background should be this image.

Alternatively, you can add something like the following into Raw SCSS:

body {
  background-repeat: repeat;
}

You can substitute your own domain and image.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Jon Witts -
OK, thanks I found it... It was there but a higher level block had a white background and was hiding it...

Here's the CSS I added into the Raw SCSS section to get my background image showing...

/* background settings */

div#page {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

body {
    -webkit-background-size: 100% !important;
    background-size: 100% !important;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center bottom;
    background-attachment: fixed;
}
I now have a rather nice background image throughout my site:

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tara Twiddy -
hi - I am also trying to get a background color but having trouble. I have 3.9.3, I tried uploading multiple boos presets but I keep getting errors - The chosen preset file is not compatible with this theme. The SCSS compile error was: "Undefined variable $font-size-base: /home/iia/public_html/theme/boost/scss/moodle/bs4alphacompat.scss on line 1, at column 0"