Setting description of activities/ressources above contents in course

Setting description of activities/ressources above contents in course

by Dominique BODIN -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

(Moodle 3.5.12+ - Theme is a custom theme specially made for our district)

I was wondering if there's any already existing theme (or what/where are the CSS changes to make) where the descriptions of activities/ressources are displayed above the related content in the course page, and not below.

For younger students is indeed rather countertuitive to have to read first a description of what the activity/resource is about, and then go back above it, in a top to bottom way of reading (they tend to click on the link to the content as soon as they see it from top to bottom ,without even noticing the description which comes just "after"/below it).

Far more convenient for them is to come across a description first and then, just below , to click on the link to access the content.

May be this is an already build-in option of Moodle on the administration side I'm not aware of, but as a teacher I don't see the option, and don't find either an answer on this forum.

Thanks for any help on this,

D.BODIN

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dominique BODIN

Re: Setting description of activities/ressources above contents in course

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Can't be done in CSS. Can be done by one of:

• Overriding the core course renderer (PHP) in the theme and altering the output of a specific method.
  • Using custom JS to manipulate the DOM - may have a 'flash' effect though.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Setting description of activities/ressources above contents in course

by Dominique BODIN -
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, not in my range I'm afraid.

D.BODIN