Installing moodle in godaddy server.

Installing moodle in godaddy server.

by Syed Abdul Rahim Haji -
Number of replies: 19

Dear Friends,

iam  trying to install moodle in godaddy.com, its not installing giving fatal error. I have donwloaded moodle 3.9 from moodle.org (https://download.moodle.org/releases/latest/). I have uploaded the zip file to godaddy's host and unzipped it into httpdoc folder,  Created dabtabase, Then i opened Install.php in actual server site. But iam getting fatal error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in G:\PleskVhosts\rahimhaji.net\httpdocs\moodle\lib\classes\component.php on line 705

Please help me to solve this issue and i want to install moodle in this server. Iam running out of time.. pls help me friends.

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Abdul Rahim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Syed Abdul Rahim Haji

Re: Installing moodle in godaddy server.

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Provide more details
which server you bought?
will you be able to modify execution time in PHP?
In reply to Usman Asar

Dear Mr.Usman,
Thanks for your reply. I have bout an host and a domain to practice moodle. find below my host details:

domain is Basic Privacy Protection

Deluxe Windows Hosting with Plesk
Plan Details
Deluxe Shared Hosting
Websites: Unlimited
Disk Space: Unlimited
FTP Users: 50
MS SQL: 2 x 200 MB
My SQL: 25 x 1 GB

Yes, i can modify php code inside my file anager area. pls tell me where can i modify the execution time. How can i increase my execution time. Iam not expert in PHP.

pls help me.

Thanks and Regards,
Syed Abdul Rahim

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Keys: provider: GoDaddy Guest/Host OS: Windows Panel: Plesk.

Combo is not mainstream ... by that I mean not many providers offer that combo.   Folks in these forums are more Linux/Ubuntu any provider types.

Thus, ya might want to start bookmarking/favoriting from GoDaddy their docs/help:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/windows-hosting-plesk-1000034

For your current issue ... on page above ... drill down into:

Change PHP settings for my hosting account

which looks like it shows all you didn't wanna know! smile

May not want to skip the community related questions/crontributions under that topic or any other found.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Dear Mr.Ken,

Greetings! thannks. my php senttings are like below:

PHP Settings for domain •••
This page displays the PHP configuration for the website. These settings are specific to the website and do not affect other websites on the subscription. You can change the PHP configuration if the hosting provider grants you the corresponding permission. Custom PHP configuration can be used, for example, to limit the consumption of system resources by PHP scripts, or meet the requirements of a certain web app. When you set the value of a parameter to Default, PHP uses the parameter's value from the server-wide PHP configuration.
You can use the following placeholders in parameter values:
• {DOCROOT} for the document root directory of the website. The current value is G:\PleskVhosts\rahimhaji.net\httpdocs. The HTTPS document root directory is the same as for http.
• {WEBSPACEROOT} for the document root directory of the subscription's primary website.
• {TMP} for the directory which stores temporary files.
PHP support (PHP version , run PHP as ) View the phpinfo() pageBelow are the details on the website's PHP configuration. You can change the PHP configuration if the hosting provider grants you the corresponding permission.Learn how to choose the most suitable PHP settings
Performance and security settings
memory_limit
128M (Default)
max_execution_time
60 (Default)
max_input_time
60 (Default)
post_max_size
8M (Default)
upload_max_filesize
2M (Default)
opcache.enable
on (Default)
Common settings
include_path

The list of directories where scripts look for files (similar to system's PATH variable). To separate directories, use a colon (smile on Linux and a semicolon (;) on Windows.
session.save_path

The directory to store PHP session files.
open_basedir

Files in the specified directories can be accessed by PHP scripts. To separate directories, use a colon (smile on Linux and a semicolon (;) on Windows.
error_reporting

The error reporting level.
display_errors
Determines whether errors should be displayed as a part of the output.
log_errors
Enable the logging of PHP errors.
short_open_tag
Allows the short form (<? ?>) of the PHP's open tag.
FastCGI settings
Enable FastCGI settings off (Default)
maxInstances 0 (Default)
activityTimeout 70 (Default)
requestTimeout 90 (Default)
instanceMaxRequests 200 (Default)
queueLength 1000 (Default)
rapidFailsPerMinute 10 (Default)

by Usman Asar -

Abdul, this is where you'll be making changes, if you want moodle to work flawlessly

memory_limit
512M - at minimum
max_execution_time
max_input_time
60 - this can stay same, but I have mine of 90
post_max_size
300M - depending on how much ofan upload size you'll be sending, but always keep post_max_size higher than upload_max_size
upload_max_filesize
299M

In reply to Usman Asar

Dear Mr.Usman,

Greetings! thanks for ur reply. Which file (in moodle folder) i have to ener these deatils?

Thanks and Regards,
Syed Abdul Rahim

by Usman Asar -

Abdul, it'll not be moodle, but php.ini file you'll be making changes in, you have to ask your hosting provider if they can let you make changes to the PHP, in most cases they wont allow, but because you mentioned ability to make changes to I assumed your hosting provider may have given right to amend php at individual level accounts. Usually php.ini files are found at root level of your host folder.

In reply to Usman Asar

Dear Mr.Usman,
Greetings! Thanks a lot, i tried to create a file and put in to the root it was warking fine. thanks a lot. I have installed in the server. Once i finished the installation, in the end iam getting below error. i cannot login.

Exception - Failed to write cache file "[localcachedir]/mustache/1/boost/__Mustache_7f3339e94473183d1567067a5c26cc2f.php".

in address bar i can see (http://rahimhaji.net/moodle/admin/index.php?lang=en).

Please help me to solve this. i dont know why its coming.

Thanks and Regards,
Syed Abdul Rahim

by Usman Asar -
Abdul, open your moodledata folder, you'll find cache, localcache folders inside
delete them
see if page loads fine
In reply to Usman Asar

Dear Mr.Usman,

Greetings! i deleted both the folders contents but still it shows same. pls help me to solve this.

Thanks and Regards,
Syed Abdul Rahim

by Usman Asar -

Have you done installation using script installer? or was it downloaded from moodle.org?

in either case, try doing re-install from start, if your current one was from a script installer, do a manual install from files downloaded from moodle.org

In reply to Usman Asar

Dear Mr.Usman,

Greetings! iam doing manual install. i have downloaded moodle3.9 from moodle.org, uploaded to server and running install.php.

Now i chaned my servedr to cpanel server, so that error has gone and in this new server they gave rights for chahe. But in this new server iam getting below 3 error in Server checks report with red color.

mysql_full_unicode_support#File_format
this test must pass
Your database uses Antelope as the file format. Full UTF-8 support in MySQL and MariaDB requires the Barracuda file format. Please switch to the Barracuda file format. See the documentation MySQL full unicode support for details.

Check
mysql_full_unicode_support#Large_prefix
this test must pass
For full support of UTF-8 both MySQL and MariaDB require you to change your MySQL setting 'innodb_large_prefix' to 'ON'. See the documentation for further details.

Check

I dont know how to fix this pls help me to fix this.

and 2 more yellow warning:

php_setting opcache.enable
PHP setting should be changed.
PHP opcode caching improves performance and lowers memory requirements, OPcache extension is recommended and fully supported.

site not https
if this test fails, it indicates a potential problem
It has been detected that your site is not secured using HTTPS. It is strongly recommended to migrate your site to HTTPS for increased security and improved integration with other systems.

Thanks and Regards,
Syed Abdul Rahim

by Usman Asar -

Unfortunate thing is, your hosting wouldnt be running MariaDB  10.2.x, as for moodle 3.9, core developers specifically mentioned MariaDB version 10.2 because of default innodb table format of Barracuda, as this Moodle developer had been insisting for long time.

Under no circumstances your hosting provider will change the table format from Antelope to Barracuda for you, you can however turn on opcache in your php.ini file, and for installation process watch Rick's video where he mentioned changing database character-set to ut8mb4_unicode_ci

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=401983#p1621924

This will help you a lot in installing moodle using control panel

In reply to Usman Asar

Dear Mr.Usman,

Greetings! thanks for the help. Now i changed my moodle version to 3.1.4, its installed. thanks a lot.

Thanks and Regards,
Syed Abdul Rahim

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I have a GoDaddy VPS and running Moodle just fine.

Exactly which GoDaddy server did you purchase?

Also, the Fatal Error points to drive G. Does your computer have a drive G?
In reply to Rick Jerz

Dear Mr.Rick,

Greetings! thanks for your reply. my server is not VGS i guess. I have purchased a domain and host to practice my self moodle in server and teach others for free. Find below my host and domain details:

domain is Basic Privacy Protection

Deluxe Windows Hosting with Plesk
Plan Details
Deluxe Shared Hosting
Websites: Unlimited
Disk Space: Unlimited
FTP Users: 50
MS SQL: 2 x 200 MB
My SQL: 25 x 1 GB

For your information, My computer dont have G drive. Pls help me to solve this issues and install moodle in that domain.

Thanks and Regards,
Syed Adbul Rahim

by James Steerpike -
If you want to learn Moodle to a. level where you can teach others, perhaps a shared host is not the  best place to start.
Start with the basics. A server you can configure and control yourself. Learn the basics of running a webserver on your own VPS.
The cost is no more than a shared host but it is much more powerful. But it does take more effort

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I have a GoDaddy hosted server, but cannot run the current Moodle on it. However, some folks might be able to figure out how to "fudge it." I suggest upgrading to a VPS.

Many years ago I tried Plesk. It was problematic, so I have been sticking with cPanel. But this choice is up to you.

You might encounter two problems along the way that you have to decide what to do. 1) GoDaddy does not support Moodle, they support their servers. GoDaddy is not a Moodle partner. 2) If you do get a VPS, you are expected to know what you are doing.

Other companies might provide more "moodle" support. I don't know.