Non-editing teachers are not getting notified of assignment submissions

Non-editing teachers are not getting notified of assignment submissions

by J C -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I am an administrator on my company's MoodleCloud site and we are running this version: Moodle 3.8.2 (Build: 20200309).

Some of our non-editing teachers are not receiving notifications when a student submits an assignment.

Am I correct in thinking that it is just the setting below (on the assignment itself) that needs to be set to yes? Non-editing teachers can grade submissions so I assume that they fall into the "graders" group.

I would appreciate any help with this issue!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J C

Re: Non-editing teachers are not getting notified of assignment submissions

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

If some of your non--editing teachers are receiving notifications, and some aren't, then it may be because the latter have turned off assignment notifications in their notification preferences (via the User menu > Preferences).

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Non-editing teachers are not getting notified of assignment submissions

by J C -

Thanks for your reply, Helen! I have double-checked and all the non-editing teachers have "On" for their email preferences. 

We had an issue in early May in which the non-editing teachers weren't receiving forum notifications and I think it may have had to do with a Moodle upgrade that was interfering with the notifications. Eventually, it started working. I wonder if it's the same problem this time around.

A few people have had that issue according to this post: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=405159.