Gamification plugin to increase engagement

Gamification plugin to increase engagement

by Aaran Grimley -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I have had a request for a plugin that will help increase course engagement by showing students the progression of their cohort on their module. 

See attached screenshot for a crude mock-up.

This would work by showing the submissions that have been made highlighted in green, the students are not able to see any names, so there are no concerns around privacy or cheating.

In the attached mock-up the student can see that the majority of their cohort have submitted the first 4 assignments, a few that have finished all assignments entirely, and only one student has not engaged at all.

I hope the mock-up and brief overview helps explain exactly what I am looking for, would anyone be able to comment if such a plugin exists to achieve this?

Thanks.

Attachment idea1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaran Grimley

Re: Gamification plugin to increase engagement

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Isn't this already available as the Completion Progress plugin? - you may need to adjust capabilities to see who can view what in terms of the cohort being able to view what other students have done and there may be a small tweak needed to hide names. But the features and the class overview are all already there, although the overview visibility is limited to staff type roles at present I believe.