Files & Attachments not showing - Adaptable theme

Files & Attachments not showing - Adaptable theme

by Rab McLaughlin -
Number of replies: 13

Help

Can someone please help as I am completly stumped as to what is going on, I have been using Moodle for many years and now when I go to upload image or file, scorm or even an attachment it will not show after uploading within the upload box, so I can not see the version number on each file even the main site logo screen does not allow to view? this has only happened since upgrade I am using version 3.9 please see pics below:

The first one there is a package file but not showing so I can dnot delete it to update another:

The second one is the Slider and although it shows on screen in the upload box nothing shows except a spinner:

Image upload box

Image upload box

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rab McLaughlin

Re: Files & Attachments not showing

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Screen shots are really not enough to give advice on how to fix, but there was one clue ... theme.

Adaptable doesn't appear to have a 3.9.0 compat theme.

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=theme_adaptable

So suggest changing the theme for your site to boost or classic - the two themes that come with version 3.9.0.

To get more info (maybe), suggest you turn on Debugging to see if your moodle will report any info/error.   If it does, come back to this forum thread and copy and paste the text of what the debug said.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Rab McLaughlin -
Thank you Ken will try your steps

Rab

by Rab McLaughlin -
Hi Ken

I did a clone of the site and used it to add a new theme supporting 3.9. still not working in areas of before i.e. not allowing me to view uplaoded files of any type and even effects the drag and drop to image quiz, when trying to drop the images they disapear to the background as if the layer of the box was to the forefrfont blocking all, I also did the debugging and it showed no issues. I think it may be the 3.9 upgrade which has lots of positive items but this stops my course creators working as they can not se items uploaded etc. what would be your suggestion?

Regards

Rab

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rab,

You mention using 'a new theme supporting 3.9', however as Ken suggests, you need to try using a standard theme - either Boost or Classic.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Rab McLaughlin -
Hi helen

Thank you for the reply, sorry I may have mis represented the pics, the first one is adabtable on my new site not theme, the second is adabptable on my old site both are running 3.9 and both running adabtable, but my old site is working without any issues, the boost or classic do not give the look I require.

Regards

Rab

Re: Files & Attachments not showing - Adaptable theme

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As it seems that the problem only affects sites using the Adaptable theme, I am going to move this discussion thread to the Themes forum.

by Danny De Witte -

I'm having a similar issue with the upload of any activity within a course as the window doesn't appear. All the other upload functions are working just fine. This happens after upgrading to 3.9.

Will some debugging now.

In reply to Danny De Witte

by Danny De Witte -
Did a clean install and now all works fine again.

by jrcristofani Cristofani -

Hello guys

I fixed the problem as follows:

1. I did a clean installation in a different directory;

2. I copied the folder / boost from of new installation;

3. I deleted the theme / boost with error;

4. I replace the old with the new;

5. this worked for me

thanks

José Roberto

Attachment 00-Screen-2020-08-14.jpg
In reply to jrcristofani Cristofani

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Smells like bad JS, did anybody try 'Purge all caches'?

by Gaspar Tessi -

if your theme is based on boost you can delete in /srv/www/moodle/theme/gflacso_new/templates/core/ all the files with prefix "filemanager" , i did this and fix the problem

In reply to Gaspar Tessi

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Silly question Gaspar, but how can removing template files in another theme solve the problem? Unless these files have been left over from a version of Boost for M3.5?
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gaspar Tessi -
I had problems with my theme Gflacso ( developted by my team and working since 3.5) , it is a theme based on boost , when i upgraded version to 3.9 i had this problem, and i solved this deleting the files , probably the theme call 3.9 boost and all work ok , whith the files in template/core/filemanager*.* doesnt work , if i remove that yes ,