The backup of a course download with 0 bytes.

Re: The backup of a course download with 0 bytes.

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
Been a very long time since I have played around with Xampp but if I recall, there was a 10MB limitation in the Xampp config files that caused this problem. I don't think I got around it, but it took the gloss of Xampp at that time.
Having said that, my installation of Xampp collapsed with one problem begetting another and another and another until it was unusable. Every time I got it working again, another problem came up, unrelated to the first and so on, just cascading until I gave up in disgust. So my experience with Xampp is pretty negative.
The positive I took from that was the setting up of a WAMP server which ultimately became my test site, it took a bit of fiddling around to get it right, but not a great deal of time with the help of a couple of Moodle Docs, YouTube and some sites. I understand the Bitnami WAMP is an all in one that works better than Xampp so you might want to check that out. I found it's all about controlling the environment, which was difficult in Xampp, but easier when I set up my own server. That was on a windows 7 desktop PC. (I'm now using virtual machines these days, easier to maintain without wrecking my desktop using Win7, Win10 and nginx.)
In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: The backup of a course download with 0 bytes.

by Francisco Gómez -
The solution was in:
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-69355

Editing the file "lib/filelib.php" which is in en   :\xampp\htdocs\moodle\lib

Simply by adding a two 0's to if ($filesize > 100000000) {
So it looks like this if ($filesize > 1000000000) {
Xampp is restarted and everything is resolved.
You can now download all types of files larger than 10 megs.

Greetings,
Francisco