offline accessibility of h5p modules

Re: offline accessibility of h5p modules

by Dani Palou -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

if the H5P package is inside an H5P activity and it's configured to enable attempt tracking, then the app should store the data in offline. Please notice there was a bug in Moodle, if you embedded an H5P activity somewhere else then it didn't store the grades, and it's possible that the same happens in the app (we still need to review it).

About content being slow to load, sometimes we need to "invalidate" the prepared H5P content so it's rebuilt when the user plays it. For example, some language strings are "cached" in the prepared files so changing the app's language will force all H5P packages to be rebuilt when they're played. Another case is when two packages share a same library but the second one has a more recent version, when you download the package with a more recent library the package with the old library is "invalidated" to use the new one. Rebuilding these files doesn't require network connection, but it can be slow. If the files are already built then the package should start fast, but if it's a complex package and he device is slow maybe it takes a bit to load everything it need.

I didn't find the case where a downloaded package wasn't displayed, does it happen often to you? Do you know if it happens in several devices or it's always in the same device?

Cheers,
Dani
In reply to Dani Palou

by Henry Haranay -
Hi Dani!

I can't seem to download an H5P activity into the mobile app. I am using the 3.9.2 version for both web and mobile app. I have allowed embedding in the site administration (web). This works fine when I open the h5p activity in the mobile app but its not downloading the activity for offline use. I am using the h5p plugin to create activities and have enabled completing tracking. Did I miss something in the site administration?

Thanks for your advice.
In reply to Henry Haranay

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Henry,

the offline feature only works with the core implementation of H5P, the mod_hvp plugin doesn't support offline. Please make sure the activity you're creating is the core h5p activity, not the plugin one.

Cheers,
Dani
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dani Palou

by Henry Haranay -

Hi Dani.

Thanks. I see it now. The thing is I'm using the old one hvp plugin instead of the latest h5p. I have manually reinstalled the h5p (which I previously deleted).

Thanks a lot.