Learning Plan and Competencies not Updating for Students

Learning Plan and Competencies not Updating for Students

by Hannah Symonds -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, 

I have searched the forum but nothing which relates directly to my issue. I have set up the competency framework, i have added the competencies, i have linked these competencies to my course and to specific activities (quiz - must pass to get the competency), i have created the learning plan for the student. 

The issue is that the student has completed the activitiy but their learning plan and the competency in the course have not updated to state this. I then went and tried it on me (admin) and created my own learning plan etc, did the exam and it works perfectly. 

My main question is, the new competencies and learning plans were created AFTER the student sat the quiz, would this be why the learning plan and competencies wont update? As when i sat the exam etc it was after the competencies had been implemented into the system. Sorry i hope this makes sense. 

I ran my CRON so that the system refreshed itself to see if that works but it hasnt made a different to the student and it just states the student is not competent yet admin is competent. Any help would be most appreciated as not sure why it works with me but not my current students (which is why i thought that because the competencies were set up after the student sat the exam could be the issue). 

Sorry hope this all makes sense, any help would be most appreciated. 

Kindest Regards

Hannah Symonds

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hannah Symonds

Re: Learning Plan and Competencies not Updating for Students

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Learning plans must exist with the competencies before the student completes the activity that awards the competency.
There is no way to fix this through automation. You can painfully, manually rate each student.

All relationships must exist first -
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Hannah Symonds -

Thanks for clearing that up Shirley, 

I assumed as much but was hoping there might have been a trick way around it smile 

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Hannah Symonds -
Hey Shirley,

On a side not, would you know if its is possible to hide the list of course competencies in the course from the Navigation bar from the students? (see image) I just want them to see their individual learning plans and not every unit of competency outlined in the course.

We have multiple competencies with multiple activities linked to them so we are moving to the parent/child method but we dont want the students to see all the children competencies etc as i know it will make them confused.

Any help in this would be most appreciated.
Attachment remove comp anv.jpg
In reply to Hannah Symonds

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I don't know how to hide anything in the Navigation panes.
Is this a student view?
My student view does not include the Competencies link.

BTW - If you use the plug-in Monitoring of Learning Plans.
https://moodle.org/plugins/report_lpmonitoring

You can rate all students with the same competency with one entry. Excellent visual displays on the learning plans.