Data Privacy #adminbasics

Data Privacy #adminbasics

by Sohaib Furqan -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am currently working through the moodle.org admin basics course and am currently in the "Data Privacy" section in the "Explore User Management" section. The moodle docs for that section says that there's a link for each user on their profile page to initiate data requests. For learning purposes, I have set up my own moodle site (and it is updated as well), but I am unable to find any such option.

Can someone please help me figure out if I am missing something?

Thanks,

Sohaib

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sohaib Furqan

Re: Data Privacy #adminbasics

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
Can't say I have ever used this option, but is it a Permission that needs be set in Capabilities?
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Sohaib Furqan -
Hi Colin,

No clue. I was just following along with the MOOC and they said nothing of that sort there.

Sohaib

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
As explained in the documentation, Privacy Policy settings you need to go to Site administration > Users > Privacy and Policies >Policy settings and change the site policy handler to Policies (tool_policy)
Then from the Privacy settings page, tick the box 'Contact the Privacy officer' (You might also like to explore the Privacy officer role.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you go to your profile on this site for example you should see the following area:

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sohaib Furqan -
Hi Mary,

Thanks for your reply.

On this moodle forum, I indeed have access to the area you showed in your screenshot. However, for the demo site that I have set up for practice, I am only getting only one option, that of  "Data Retention Summary". Please see screenshot.

Options missing from section

Could it be the case that the rest of the options depend on any other settings? I have tried to go through the docs but I cant say I have found much regarding this issue.

Cheers for the help!

Sohaib

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
I suspect this is to meet the European Data Privacy laws that came into effect three-four years ago now. A lot of people are catching up with this, still, and may not be using these options, I'm certainly not and have never received any requests concerning personal data. It is likely that there are no Moodle Docs on this issue because there has been no-one in the Community who may be familiar enough with the processes and options to be able to write the Docs. Devs are usually too busy to write much at all, or hardly anything at times, so leave it to the Moodle Community. If you catch up on this and look at it, you can put into place a Moodle Doc that may at least cover the basics. Any new addition to the Docs are most welcome.
Cheers,