PayPal enrolment Plugin is out of Moodle Plugins Directory?

PayPal enrolment Plugin is out of Moodle Plugins Directory?

by EDUARDO PADRON NAVARRO -
Number of replies: 13

Hi All

Have this Plugin in test environment and works fine but now I'm releasing the Production Server with v3.9 and can't find the plugin on Moodle plugins Directory, is out due problems or non support?   Please Advise

Thanks and regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to EDUARDO PADRON NAVARRO

Re: PayPal enrolment Plugin is out of Moodle Plugins Directory?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The only Paypal enrolment plugin I know is standard in Moodle and so doesn' t need to be installed from the Plugins directory.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Hi Mary, thanks for your response, 

I do remember install a Plugin that is no more in the Directory, now is one from Brasil that uses the same procedure than the one I'm talking about, but with different approach, is no as simple than the other, is listed as PayPal Availability Condition https://moodle.org/plugins/availability_paypal .   I contact the developer of the listed plugin and ask about compatibility with v3.9, he is working is spare times over it to polish it and no ETA, I appreciatte his response.

You mention one that is standard in Moodle, can you give a hint how locate it?  Thanks again for your help.

Regards

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I just mean the standard Paypal plugin - Paypal enrolment - it is all I know.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Yes Mary, this is I use in my test server but is not available anymore as plugin, and now I'm going to production with a new Server without this plugin.

Regards

by Mary Cooch -
So to clarify for others coming to this post to help - you dont want to use the standard Paypal enrolment plugin which can be enabled by an admin from Site administration > Enrolments >Manage enrol plugins >Paypal but instead you are talking about a different, contributed plugin.
Thanks
In reply to Mary Cooch

Hi Mary, maybe I'm not clear on this, Yes I want to use that Plugin but it is not available anymore at Moodle Plugin Directory, this is why I'm asking if somebody knows about this.

In your Moodle, you install it and the path you mention is correct, but in the new v3.9 installed in my new Production Server is not shown because I can't install it, is not available.  If you have the plugin file and can share it more than glad to accept it.   All my testing was with that Plugin.

The available Plugin force me to change the way we have the courses shown to the applicants.

Best Regards and again highly appreciated

by Mary Cooch -
Thanks. All I can suggest is that someone uninstalled that plugin because it is indeed still available in standard Moodle 3.9 and has not been removed. It comes with the installation of Moodle. I am not a technical person so perhaps someone else can say if this would work or not but if you are not able to upgrade your site again then perhaps you could download Moodle 3.9 , remove the Paypal enrolment plugin and then upload it into your own site.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Thanks for the help.   I wil wait to see if other person in the Blog can have tis plugin handy and want to share it.

Regards

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You can download it from https://github.com/moodle/moodle/tree/MOODLE_39_STABLE/enrol/paypal

But the more important question is why it is not in your Moodle installation - it is included by default so either the installation didn’t work properly or someone has removed it. You might want to work that out - because if it’s related to problems with the installation, you may come across problems in other areas.

In reply to Jon Bolton

Hi Thanks so much for your information, this a fresh installation on a new server. We donload the v3.9 as this...  

wget https://download.moodle.org/download.php/direct/stable39/moodle-3.9.tgz

and then untar and move the directory to the proper path, as soon was install ok we notice that Paypal wasn't there and, start to search onMoodle Directory Plugins and never found, just the one PayPal Availability Condition...

Any recomendation?  I'm going to reinstall now...

Thanks in advance and regards

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

You’re not making sense. I’ve just unzipped the file you linked to above... and the PayPal enrolment method is in /enrol/paypal as expected. As I said earlier, if it’s not in your Moodle installation, something has gone awry with your upload/unzipping of the file.

In reply to Jon Bolton

Yes, you are correct, I uninstall everything and do installation again and it is there, sorry to bother you. I place a ticket with my Hosting provider regarding the latency on the server and they do something today, aside use today this comand to download:

curl -L https://download.moodle.org/download.php/direct/stable39/moodle-latest-39.tgz 

instead of 

wget https://download.moodle.org/download.php/direct/stable39/moodle-3.9.tgz,  

and was successful the installation, don't know what happen.  

Best Regards and Highly appeciatted your attetion.