I have this configuration :
* an open-ended course (students are enroled at any time, the course is never closed)
* students are enroled manually through a CSV file
* an enrolment duration is defined sothat enrolment expires automatically after this period
* we do not unenrol students. They simply stop to have access when their enrolment period is over. This is to alleviate our workload.
* the course is set to authorise guest access (sothat anyone can have a look at some content before choosing to enrol)
And this problem: students whose enrolment has expired can still access the course as a student. Since their enrolment period is over and that their enrolment status is "Inactive" (or "Not current" as displayed), you would expect them to receive the guest role. It's a serious problem because they should not be able to do what regular students are.
A first logical answer to this is to simply delete these enrolments. Of course that's always possible but for different reasons it is not very practicable.
So I'd like to know what settings would prevent this behaviour.