Layout Course

Layout Course

by Luis Sola Ruiz -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everyone, I am creating a new block for a course.

In this block I have a link to another page inside my block "test.php". I am trying to set the layout of the course that I come from with $PAGE->set_pagelayout('course'); but I supposed I need the id of a course. is there a solution for this?

I checked https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Block_layout but I will not have access to config.php of moodle in the future. 

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Sola Ruiz

Re: Layout Course

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
If this is a block you’re coding yourself, you’ll probably get help in the General Developers forum.

If not, you could consider using the FilterCodes plugin which will easily return the course id of the current course.
In reply to Luis Sola Ruiz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the block where you generate the link you know what the course id is, so add it as a parameter in the link to test.php

So, something like...

$link = new moodle_url('/blocks/luis_thing/test.php', ['courseid' => $PAGE->course->id]);

...and in test.php

$courseid = required_param('courseid', PARAM_INT);
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Luis Sola Ruiz -
Thanks Howard for your reply. You were totally right, in this way I can identify the course where I come from.

But as you can see there is not the same layout.

In the course:                                                            Clicking in the link inside my block that redirect to another page: